Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Best Music of 2012 ... according to me :D

Ok, here are the top 2012 music releases in my opinion.

Best Hard In-your-face 'til your skin tears off album:




As I Lay Dying - Awakened.   It's more than screaming, there are some great guitars, deep lyrics andt all the songs have moments of great background vocals.   It's a heavy album that you just don't get sick hearing over and over again.

Best Worship album:


Remedy Drive : Resuscitate Me  - Always playing in the car.   It's what a worship album is .. makes you think, makes your heart be guided heavenward.


Best Rock Album:

House of Heroes -- Basically, because this has simply been playing pretty well non-stop on my iPod.   It doesn't get old.   I switch between this and Remedy Drive ... a great pairing.

Best Metal Album:


Tourniquet: Antiseptic Bloodbath -- Musically amazing, lyrically provocative.  But Yes, I still eat meat!

Album of the Year



Theocracy: As the World Bleeds.
Yes it came out late 2011 ... but I didn't have a list then so *nyaahhh* ;)   And it occupied my car stereo for at least 4 months ... CONSTANTLY!!  This is the best lyrically, musically driven album I've heard in years...that and singert Matt Smith just screams like no other.   Always makes me crank the stereo.


Honorable Mentions:
Flyleaf: New Horizons; Disciple: O God Save Us all; War of Ages: Return to Life

Looking forward to in 2013:  New albums by Red and Golden Resurection.    Going to be a crazy good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment