Monday, October 15, 2012

X-Com and Argo




I picked up the new XCOM game for the PS3 yesterday.    The original which came out around '94 was one of my favorite games of all time.    The new incarnation has the flavor of the original that I cannot help but love it.   The whole tactical aspect is amazing, and I like making my move, and then the enemy making their move.. almost like playing a boardgame, and it really motivates me to make good tactical decisions.   All of the soldiers you can rename, and grow in their abilities, and you have a stake in these soldiers.   Needless to say .. awesome game!!

On Sunday I went and saw the movie 'Argo' based on the Iran hostage situation of the late '70's/early '80's.   I remembered this event as a kid watching the news.   The film is a great movie, that continued to draw me in and empathize with its characters.




One of the best of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment