Friday, January 7, 2011

Week in Review ...

It's been painful .. literally. I had my teeth cleaned at the dentist for the first time in like 12 years. Needless to say, there was some blood, and yucky scraping sounds. My teeth weren't too bad considering, must be my constant brushing or something. Still, it was painful enough,and I have to go back in a couple weeks to get my pearly white polished, and some fine cleaning to be done .. because there was too much bleeding to finish the job. yeah .. yucky


I'm still going to the physiotherapist for my Eachelle's tendon. This time she did some acupuncture ....I hate needles, and it cramped up my Calv's more than helped my Eachelle's. Still painful.


I made made three substantial purchases this week. New Balance running shoes, hoping they help with my Eachelle's, then I picked up a KOBO e-book reader -- hope this will make my book purchases less expensive, as well as leave me more shelf space. I also picked up Shadows over Camelot. Trouble is that I need at least 3 people to play, so far I count only one, but I have a feeling it won't be hard to find others to join in the game. It's great to have a co-operative board game, it eliminates some competitive angst.

I picked up the Alice Cooper 'Brutal Planet' on itunes. Great album, and it really shows off Alice's gift of writing.


I spent too much money, though most of it was bought with Christmas/Birthday money. Still, I better slow down, need to save up for some holidays this year.

I'm getting closer to finishing the book of Mark in my blog at The Narthax I'm going to miss the journey I had while writing it, and just how God opened up my eyes to so many things. The next step is for me to find the next book. I could do the Psalms, or Romans ... but, seriously, everyone does Romans hehe.


I've gotta preach this Sunday at First Baptist in Owen Sound, and I'm thinking of using a lesson from Mark 14:43-65 (today's lesson actually), but it feels overwhelming emotionally because of what Christ experienced ... it's very powerful, and hope that I give it the attention it deserves.

Trying out the DragonSpell book from Donita K. Paul.  So far a pretty decent read.  The world is pretty cool, and it will appeal to any fantasy aficionado.

No comments:

Post a Comment