Friday, July 2, 2010

Bane of the Sith

I've been consumed by the Dark-Side ... well ... in my reading anyways.   In anticipation of the Star Wars Old Republic MMO being released next year, I had a hankering for some starwars read.   So I picked out Path of Destruction and had a sit-down.   One day later I was finished and totally in love with the world that Drew Karpyshyn brought out.   I loved the characters, I loved the pacing, and it was alot of fun, while providing great insight into the world of the 'Sith' in Starwars lore.  

As of now, I've finished the follow up, Rule of Two, and I'm waiting for the soft cover of the 3rd book in the series.

Though I love this book series, I'm more convinced than ever that when the mmo comes out I'll be playing NOT a Sith, and will be sticking to a roguish class, like 'smuggler'.   Why?   Because I don't think that I could make the choices that I would have to, in the game to be a sith.    Even though it's just a game, I find that more and more I need to bring my beliefs on-par to what ever I'm doing.   Bioware is a great gaming company, and one of the coolest things they do is to allow your decisions to drive your character.   Trick is, who you truly are, will, I think subconciously dictate the character you play.   So in the end, Sith, not for me, but ..... neither Jedi either.

I really have a problem with Jedi's kidnapping kids from their parents to raise them up to be emotionless servants who follow ' the man'.

I'll go into this alot deeper some other time, as right now I'm typing while at work, but needless to say, Smuggler, perhaps even Bounty hunter for me ... and I'm really getting anxious to play the Old Republic in 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment